Job hunting is a difficult and hectic task. But perhaps what’s even more of a challenge is trying to craft the perfect resume!
Your resume is generally the very first contact you’ll have with a prospective employer. First impressions are really important and so having a relevant and impressive resume will definitely help you stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of securing a job.
So, how can you create a good resume? Well, one way to get help creating a good resume is by finding and using good resume examples.
Good resume examples can give you many ideas of what to do, as well as what not to do, with regards to your own resume.
Just for the layout, all these need to be considered:
- Format an layout including paragraphs
- Font style and Font Size. Some are easier to read than others
- Bullet Points which make it easier to read quickly
- Spacing to make sure there’s lots of ‘white space’
Looking at examples can provide you with useful tips on how to create an impressive resume that is easy to read and understand and contains lots of information.
Are you trying to craft the perfect resume for yourself too? If so, then here is a guide on where to find good resume examples:
How to Find Good Resume Examples
Looking for good resume examples, but don’t know where to get started? If so, then here are three sources that can help you out in your search:
1. Resume Writing Workshops – Learn Everything about Resumes
When it comes to crafting the perfect resume, you can find some good some good resume examples from online resume writing workshops and courses. Here, you will find some of the most appealing resumes, providing you useful tips on how to create a similar one and avoiding all mistakes.You will also learn about the different types of resumes and the disadvantages and advantages of each.
Additionally, if you have sufficient time, you can even consider joining a resume writing course or workshop. By joining a workshop, you will be able to write an employment objective that shows potential employers what your goals are. You will also learn how to make the most of your work experience, what factors to mention and what to keep to yourself, and discover how to use references to your advantage.
2. Books – The Key Source of Information
Of course, if you don’t have the time to join a course, you can always go traditional and purchase books instead. There are a lot of books on the market that can you provide you good resume examples which can then help you craft a visually distinct and compelling document. If you are unsure on which books you should purchase, take a look at the list below of the most famous resume writing books:
- 30-Minute Resume Makeover – As the name implies, this book is a quick guide on how to make your resume more attractive. If you already have a resume and just need to update it quickly and improve formatting, this book is a must-buy.
- Expert Resumes for Managers & Executives – Just as the name suggests, this book is mainly for managers and executives. It contains more than 100 professionally written resume examples from top-level executives, to front-line supervisors and people of all levels of management.
- Best Resumes & Letters for Ex-Offenders – This book mainly addresses special employment issues regarding ex-offenders. It contains useful tips and advice on how to write, distribute, produce and follow up letters and resumes.
- College Grad Resumes to Land $75,000+ Jobs – The book is exciting as its name and is mainly for college graduates. The bookincludes 80 good resume examples by college students who actually were able to secure $75,000+ jobs not only in one field, but a variety of occupations. It also contains some useful advice, tips and secrets from professional resume writers.
- Expert Resumes for People Returning to Work –This book contains a huge collection of professional written resumes for people who had left work for a short period of time, but now want to return. It includes more than 200 pages of sample resumes and also provides examples of cover letters.
- Best Resumes for $100k+ Jobs – Individuals who have achieved high-standard education and expect to make more than $100k a year need to craft a unique and special resume. An, this book contains all essential tips as well as examples on how to create an attractive resume that not only attracts attention, but allows individuals to secure a job with a high salary.
- Expert Resumes for Career Changers – As the name implies, this book is mainly for people looking to switch their career. It contains strategies and more than 180 good resume examples for successful career changes.
- Happy About My Resume – This book mainly provides individuals useful tips and strategies on how to create compelling resumes to grab the hiring authority’s attention. It is the perfect book if you are planning on crafting your own unique resume.
- Resume Magic – The book is truly magic and is filled with hundreds of ‘before and after’ resume examples, thus showing you how to avoid common mistakes and what important points to include. It is written by an expert who has more than a decade of experience in creating successful resumes.
As you can see, each and every book is written for different people. So choosing the best one for you won’t be a problem.
3. The Internet – A World of Information
If you are short on time or are unable to visit a nearby bookstore, then the internet is the best place to turn to for good resume examples. You can simply type ‘Good Resume Examples’ in Google and you will find hundreds of search results with links. Click on any link you find interesting and you will be able to find a huge collection of resume examples. You can search for tips and strategies on how to properly format your resume and avoid common blunders.
So, now that you know where to look for good resume examples, creating a highly distinctive and unique resume for yourself won’t be a problem.